Feast of the Immaculate Conception. It is a beautiful day, it is a feast day, a holiday, a holy day.
I started the day exhausted and rushing from place to place, to Mass, to professor’s offices, to lunch, to class, and it took me until after it was all over to realize how blessed I was. So here it goes:
- I exercised and showered.
- I ate breakfast.
- I went to Mass with my three year old nephew and my Mom.
- I met with my professor and she helped me plan for my final lesson plan.
- I ate lunch with a friend and discussed life, boys, and our final group project.
- I recognized a musician that I played a show with recently, and I said hello to him at school.
- I got a phone call from a booking agent, confirming the details of my next show.
- I went to class and saw my classmates.
- I gave someone a cookie.
- I met with a second professor and found out not only that I didn’t fail my last assignment, but that the grade I had received was a B-.
- After some discussion the B- grade was raised to a B.
- I finished planning most of my group project with my classmates.
- There was free birthday cake.
- My friend drove me home.
- I played ukulele.
- I composed two new songs, one of which I will definitely play at a show in the future.
- I ate dinner.
- The guy I’ve been communicating with ended his last message to me with “Xoxo”.
It has been a fantastic day. An extremely difficult and tiring day, but a fantastic one.
I am blessed.