I’m at my sister’s house, chilling with my brother, my other sister, and our two year old nephew who is still awake at 1 in the morning.
They’re trying to figure out Netflix on our sister’s tv, while I’m just trying to remember this happy night via wordpress.
I mean, this night is super happy, but the happiness started before the babysitting at 1 in the morning.
It started with a concert.
A stupendously wonderful concert where I saw pretty much every friend I’ve made in music from the last year, all jamming their bestest, entertaining a packed crowd that included me, and making me dream and imagine a bright future of music.
I can’t properly convey my happiness, because most of it just stems from overwhelmingly personal sentiments about what I want to do with my life, and reflecting on things that actually make me happy, and things I’m good at, and actually having friends and support and love, so I’m just going to bullet point some things that happened tonight, so that I can remember and you can get the vaguest picture.
- I handed out two business cards to enthusiastic chatting people.
- One of them was an incredibly attractive, model looking man, who reviews music for a local station, has heard my stuff, was super happy to get my card, and told me to come by and play music for their station. I think I love him. Okay, he’s just gorgeous and friendly and in the music field and likes my music. I definitely love him.
- Right after I bought two of my friends’s cds, I was standing next to the bar with my sister (another one, separate from the one babysitting with me, and the one I am babysitting for) discussing what to do next, a young woman came over to me and was like “Spiders….and butterflies” and I laughed and she said she liked my music, which is what she was referring to with the spiders comment, because my most popular song is about them, and anyway, she said she really liked my songs and I told her about my upcoming concert, and she was excited about it, so YAY!
- My other music acquaintance friend invited me to an after party at a bar! Except I don’t have a car and couldn’t go, BUT HE INVITED ME!! 😀
- The music was just great.
Okay, so anyway, it was just a fantastic night, and now we’ve figured out netflix, so I got to go, because my sister chose a boring show about business pitches, and I must stop this before it goes on much longer.
P.S. On a side note, I dropped one of my grad classes…Like the slacker I am. But my professor/the person in charge of the program I am in, was totally was okay with it, and really understanding and supportive, and now I feel better about life and my plans in general, and like I can actually do this and enjoy my life, and maybe be happy. Like I can do music and grad school, and do both well…Or do the school thing well with the chance to actually relax and play some music sometimes. So overall, life is good.
P.p.s Other fun note for the night, I said bye to one of my friends and he gave me a hug, and there was a girl with him who I hadn’t met, so I said “Oh, and bye George’s friend”, and she said “Oh, no, I’m his girlfriend“, in a pronounced way. It was adorable. Like she thought I was competition and she wanted me to KNOW that he had a girlfriend. I’ve never been thought of as competition before. It made me happy. Not in a like, HAHAHHA THAT’S RIGHT, BE JEALOUS! Kind of way, but a, AWWW, someone actually thinks that they have to tell me that they are dating one of my guy friends, like they are trying to claim him, and they think that I might take him from him or that I have the slightest chance of doing it or something which means that I am actually the slightest bit able to do it…Wait…does that make me a bad person? That her possible jealousy made me happy? I mean, it is COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED, and I definitely want to make sure I totally show her support in her relationship in the future…OH SNAP, last time I saw him, she was hanging out with him and I totally whispered something to him right before I left an open mic he was at….I mean, I was just saying bye to him..So now her, I’M HIS GIRLFRIEND comment totally makes sense. Even though I totally was just behaving as a normal friend, whispering in a talking kind of way, like, just cause he was sitting in a chair so I had to lean over and their were musicians playing, so it wasn’t some flirty thing. She was overly protective. But she seems nice. I should tell him that next time I see him so that she knows…Or I’m reading into it. It was interesting anyway.
Overthinking but happy, and my nephew has finally conked out and I’m done writing.
ANYWAY, that was a big side-track note.